- I'm resigned to this.
- I have spent too many years getting here.
- What else can I do?
- I've worked myself into a life that is expensive - and costing so much (financially, spiritually and emotionally)
- I don't even think I have any other skills or talents
- I don't belong anywhere
- I am alone
- Maybe I'm not quite unconventional emough?
- It's too risky to change now.
- Giving up this 'respectable' work means giving up everything.
- grief and sadness
- anger (with herself and maybe others)
- all or nothing
- disconnected from creative self
- fearful - could I ever do that?
- working too hard (expected and/or self-imposed)
- doing more and achieving less (rather than doing less and achieving more)
- nothing is feeding her so depleted at the end of the day she opens wine and switches on tv
- numbing out through shopping, sex, alcohol etc
- scrolling through travel sites
- browsing ETSY stores/reading books about people who made it "out"
The value I bring to helping these people:
I am the permission granter - it's ok to change your mind, you are becoming a 'beta' version of yourself. This could be delivered by your free content - podcast, blog posts etc.
Show people how to re-write/tell a different story. How to create a vision, how to see whats possible, that its not that risky.
Delivered by workshops/training - in-person or online.
And maybe there is a way to test this out using the Living Room Strategy - get half a dozen people together to road test your material?
You show people how to create a strategy for bringing the new story to life.
How to map out the next phase of the adventure - to get from idea to business.
I am the GPS guidance system!
There is a book in this: Lean the Fuck Out.
Play with section 5 - Who do you serve in V&V for your beta workshop participants. This will help you get clarity around why they would come, how you can help them. Plus you get the sales page/invitation letter content!